Sunday, June 22, 2014

PRODUCT REVIEW ~ CREAM & COCO RASPBERRY GANACHE DEEP CONDITIONER TRUFFLES

DESCRIPTION

Indulge your tresses with the exotic spa mix of rich clays, butters & botanicals. The mud mask comes to you in a delicious truffle packed with hair loving yum to deep condition, soften and transform. New larger truffles!

FEATURES:
  • Organic Coconut Flour- dried organic coconut fruit milled to a fine flour. Full of protein that strengthens hair and nourishes the scalp, promoting hair growth.
  • Organic Cacao & Maca Powders- antioxidant rich cocoa that nourishes hair with an abundant source of minerals. Plus, pure dark chocolate has Anandamine, the "feel good" chemical that lifts your spirits when you smell it or eat it (that’s why we smile when we eat chocolate!)
  • Marshmallow Root Powder- a conditioning herb that detangles thick, curly hair.
  • Cocoa Butter- African butter that lubricates, detangles, and moisturizes both the hair and scalp, as well as easily penetrates the scalp hydrating and healing it.
  • Raspberry Extract- Antioxidant boost & adds slip to hair

INSTRUCTIONS

Break up the truffle in a ceramic bowl then add about ¼- ½ cup of very hot liquid of your choice. Whisk or use a hand blender to make a paste. The mask will thicken as it cools to the consistency of brownie batter. The clays in the mask will swell when the liquid is added, so you may have to add more but start with less. Use your judgment to get the consistency you prefer. Allow the mix to cool to a safe handling temperature, then part your hair and work in four sections, applying to mask to both the hair and the scalp. Cover in a shower cap, and allow mask to work its magic for 30 minutes.

You can use any type of liquid you want to make your mask. A few suggestions:
  • Pure spring water
  • Coconut Milk (smells like Heaven when mixed with the mask
  • Yogurt or milk
  • Simple syrup of honey & water
  • Pineapple Juice to help clarify


MY REVIEW




I've had this product in my stash for a while now so decided it was time to try it out. I followed the instructions breaking up the cubes and mixed with hot water and honey. I whipped it with a whisk until it was creamy. It thickened upon cooling as the description said and I added liquid until it was at the consistency I wanted...not too thick but not too watery. 

I applied it to my freshly washed hair and noticed immediately that it had little bits that hadn't dissolved completely. But the mixture still went onto my strands smoothly and I could immediately feel the softness and moisture effects. I covered with a plastic cap and sat under my heat cap for 30 minutes and then let it sit for a further 30 minutes or so for a total of an hour or more with the treatment in my hair. I then rinsed it out with cool water.

My hair felt very soft and moisturized. The only thing I didn't like was I couldn't get the little specks that didn't dissolve completely all out of my hair. So while I was applying my leave-in conditioner and detangling my hair in sections after the treatment the little specks were coming out and were on the counter, sink and floor.

I would purchase this product again as I do like the results on my hair. 


For further info visit www.creamandcoco.com


No comments:

Post a Comment