Tuesday, April 22, 2014

LET ME INTRODUCE MYSELF!

Welcome to my blog page! I've finally sat down and decided to publish an actual blog page. I hope to be doing posts weekly on more detailed product reviews and even feature other curlfriends. 

My name is Lennette Warner and I reside on a little island in the middle of the Atlantic called Bermuda. My natural hair journey started almost 4 years ago, September 4, 2010. 



I can't remember what exactly made me want to go back to my natural hair but I did try to transition instead of doing the big chop. That just didn't work out for me. I got tired of dealing with the two textures. I had my stylist at the time cut my hair up into a bob cut in March of that year, but by September I had had enough and decided to just go ahead with the big chop and start from a TWA (teeny weeny afro). I struggled through that first year as I had always had long hair for the most part of my life. My hair seemed to be growing back at a snail's pace. I had to dig deep for patience to get me through this stage. The in between stage was even worse, that stage where your hair is still not long enough to do much with it, but it's no longer a TWA either. But within my second year it seemed to hit a growth spurt and seemed to grow quite quickly to give me some 'hang time' and I was able to experiment with more styling options. I also became somewhat of a product junkie (hands over face)...lol! I loved to experiment with new products and still do, although now since being on a tighter budget my purchasing has slowed way down. And I'm also in the process of using up my 'stash' of products. I've found products that have become my staple items that I keep in constant rotation for my hair, as well as for my daughter's hair. But I do have a 'to try' list of products that I would eventually like to try. 


I have enjoyed this journey so far and the versatility of natural hair. I'm no professional but through using resources such as YouTube, Facebook, other natural hair blog pages and most recently Instagram I've learned quite a lot. My hair has benefited as well with healthy growth. I've inspired and encouraged other curlfriends as well through my Facebook page (Hair Nette) and my Instagram page (@hairnettebda), and hope to continue helping others now by doing my own blog page. 

Look forward to more detailed product reviews and articles on my experiences! 

No comments:

Post a Comment